[Openstack] [openstack] Heat autoscaling stack creation failed for normal user

m.channappa.negalur at accenture.com m.channappa.negalur at accenture.com
Wed Jan 28 06:13:20 UTC 2015

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the response.

I went through your blog. It's really good . I have question here.

Openstack CLI will support only V3 version of keystone client?. Because it's not taking subcommand "--description". Please look into the below output.

I have installed juno on  Ubuntu 14.04 OS.

root at Control:/var/log/keystone# openstack --os-token f23eff54962207fa37b6 --os-url=http://Control:5000/v2.0 --os-identity-api-version=2 domain create heat --description "Owns users and projects created by heat"

ERROR: openstack Invalid command '--description'

root at Control:/home/oss# openstack --debug --os-token f23eff54962207fa37b6 --os-url=http://Control:5000/v2.0  domain create heat --description "Owns users and projects created by heat"
ERROR: openstackclient.shell Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openstackclient/shell.py", line 125, in run
    return super(OpenStackShell, self).run(argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cliff/app.py", line 215, in run
    result = self.run_subcommand(remainder)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cliff/app.py", line 261, in run_subcommand
    subcommand = self.command_manager.find_command(argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cliff/commandmanager.py", line 67, in find_command
    raise ValueError('Invalid command %r' % search_args[0])
ValueError: Invalid command '--description'

root at Control:/home/oss# dpkg -l | grep -i python-openstackclient
ii  python-openstackclient               0.3.0-1ubuntu1                        all          OpenStack Command-line Client
root at Control:/home/oss#

root at Control:/var/log/keystone# dpkg -l | grep -i keystone
ii  keystone                             1:2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0              all          OpenStack identity service - Daemons
ii  python-keystone                      1:2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0              all          OpenStack identity service - Python library
ii  python-keystoneclient                1:0.10.1-0ubuntu1~cloud0              all          Client library for OpenStack Identity API
ii  python-keystonemiddleware            1.0.0-1~cloud0                        all          Middleware for OpenStack Identity (Keystone) - Python 2.x
root at Control:/var/log/keystone#

root at Control:/var/log/keystone# dpkg -l | grep -i heat
ii  heat-api                             2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          OpenStack orchestration service - ReST API
ii  heat-api-cfn                         2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          OpenStack orchestration service - CFN API
ii  heat-common                          2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          OpenStack orchestration service - common files
ii  heat-engine                          2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          OpenStack orchestration service - engine
ii  python-heat                          2014.2-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          OpenStack orchestration service - Python files
ii  python-heatclient                    0.2.10-0ubuntu1~cloud0                all          client library and CLI for OpenStack Heat
root at Control:/var/log/keystone#

Regards,
Malleshi CN