[Openstack] nova.conf (on Ubuntu 14.04) and documentation differing.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Jan 28 02:27:47 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-27 18:45, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Packages should include at least the upstream example configuration
> file(s). For some reason, Ubuntu continues to package a very minimal
> nova.conf file. Please file a bug under the Ubuntu nova package [1]
> rather than the documentation.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova [3]

Thanks for the link -- that was my next question.  I've tried submitting
a bug report... and, of course, it's crashed with a timeout error.
(Repeatedly.)  I'll try again tomorrow.

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> You would need to add those sections, if the docs don't make it
>> clear, please report it as a bug :)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mohammed
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all.  On page 52 (as per the PDF page numbering; page 60 by
>>> absolute numbering), I'm told about [database], [glance], and
>>> [keystone_authtoken] sections.  However, what's below is the
>>> entirety of my /etc/nova/nova.conf file:
>>>
>>> root at controller:/tmp# cat /etc/nova/nova.conf
>>> [DEFAULT]
>>> dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
>>> dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
>>> logdir=/var/log/nova
>>> state_path=/var/lib/nova
>>> lock_path=/var/lock/nova
>>> force_dhcp_release=True
>>> libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=True
>>> verbose=True
>>> ec2_private_dns_show_ip=True
>>> api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini