[Openstack] nova.conf (on Ubuntu 14.04) and documentation differing.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Jan 27 21:25:09 UTC 2015

Hi, all.  On page 52 (as per the PDF page numbering; page 60 by absolute
numbering), I'm told about [database], [glance], and
[keystone_authtoken] sections.  However, what's below is the entirety of
my /etc/nova/nova.conf file:

root at controller:/tmp# cat /etc/nova/nova.conf
[DEFAULT]
dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
logdir=/var/log/nova
state_path=/var/lib/nova
lock_path=/var/lock/nova
force_dhcp_release=True
libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=True
verbose=True
ec2_private_dns_show_ip=True
api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
enabled_apis=ec2,osapi_compute,metadata

dpkg -S /etc/nova/nova.conf shows package nova-common as the owner.
Extracting nova.conf from the .deb file manually shows me it having the
same contents.  Am I doing something dumb?

This is a stock 14.04 install, updated as of this morning.

Thanks for any insights...

-Ken