[Openstack] Guest to host works but host to guest does not

ashish.jain14 at wipro.com ashish.jain14 at wipro.com
Tue Jan 27 17:28:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

"Resending as the previous mail was returned back for some reason"

 I am unable to ping/ssh from my host VM to guest VM.  However opposite works just fine, that is I am able to ping from guest  to host VM. Currently I am accessing my guest from horizon console and  have tried pinging/sshing into my host VM and it works just fine. I have  also tried using network namespace to ping from host to guest but it  does not work. I am using  neutron network.

I have already enabled ICMP/TCP/UDP port access using the following
nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password --os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default tcp 1 65535 0.0.0.0/0

nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password --os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default udp 1 65535 0.0.0.0/0

nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password --os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default icmp -1 -1 0.0.0.0/0

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks
Ashish