[Openstack] [Swift] Browser-based Health Visualization

Christian Schwede christian.schwede at enovance.com
Tue Jan 27 10:08:28 UTC 2015

Hello Adam,

Swift is able to send metrics to a statsd server, and thus you can
create your own metric dashboard using graphite-web. I would add
collectd for some basic server metrics (like cpu, memory, load, network
traffic) as well. It requires a little bit of work, but it gives you a
very comprehensive metric overview.

Metrics sent by Swift:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/admin_guide.html#reporting-metrics-to-statsd

Required software (graphite-web, collectd, statsd or python-bucky):

http://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

https://collectd.org/

https://github.com/etsy/statsd

Instead of statsd you could also use python-bucky:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bucky

Hope that helps!

Christian