[Openstack] instance_info_caches table, nova not populating for some instances

Don Waterloo don.waterloo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:30:07 UTC 2015

On 3 December 2014 at 11:58, Don Waterloo <don.waterloo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem that I hope someone can comment on.
>
> Periodically, an instance ends up w/ 0 rows in 'instance_info_caches' in
> the nova database.

If anyone else has a chance, and can try running this sql query against
their nova database, it will show if you are seeing the same problem I am:

select instances.host,instances.hostname,instances.uuid,instances.user_id
from instance_info_caches,instances where network_info = '[]' and
instances.deleted = 0 and instances.uuid =
instance_info_caches.instance_uuid;

The expectation is this returns 0 rows. I'm finding about 1 instance in 100
ends up with [] for the network_info.