[Openstack] VM Isolation

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Thu Jan 22 08:04:01 UTC 2015

 Hi all!

 I would like to see how you would handle the following issue:

 In an OpenStack environment with legacy networking (nova) I would like
 to have VM isolation in the same tenant.

 I understand that VLAN Manager offers isolation on different tenants
 but is it possible in the same tenant to have more than one VLANs?

 My case is more or less the following:

 I am using OpenStack API with the provided EC2 Credentials to launch
 and terminate VMs. I would like to be able to specify and isolate on
 creation VMs. For instance the fist two to be on VLAN ID1 while the rest
 on VLAN ID2 and so on and so forth.

 I don't want to have multi tenancy because I want to use the same EC2
 Credentials for all! Furthermore, it is important for VMs to have
 floating IP addresses auto-assigned therefore legacy networking is still
 the only way.

 Any ideas are mostly welcomed.

 Best,

 George