[Openstack] [Neutron][Horizon]Create Instance With a Subnet

Wilence Yao wilence.yao at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 07:46:44 UTC 2015

Hi, All
  I am new for openstack and focusing on networking. When I create a
instance from dashboard, I can only chose a network for my instance. But
in  my opinion, the instance should belong to one given subnet but not a
network.
  Then I read the nova manual. I found that a instance can boot with a
fixed-ip from a nic. So , when my private network has two subnets(subnet1
10.0.0.0/24 and subnet2 10.0.1.0/24), the instance launched from dashboard
was allocated to the  isubnet1 by default. How can I launch a instance and
allocatedit  to a subnet I chosen?  Should I allocate a fixed ip to the
instance instead of dhcp?
By the way, when I transfer a instance form subnet1 to subnet2, what can I
do in dashboard?
The test environment is devstack juno in ubuntu 14.04.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Wilence