[Openstack] Instance resizing error in openstack juno

ppnaik ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jan 9 05:47:14 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I installed openstack juno using packstack. When I was trying to resize
a VM it gave me an error "Host key verification failed". So I changed
the permission of nova using usermod -s /bin/bash nova on all computes
and  the controller node. So it resized for the first time. When I try
to resize it again it gave me the "Host key verification failed" error
again. I added the following file with nova user
/var/lib/nova/.ssh/config in the compute nodes with entry:

Host *
StrictHostKeyChecking no
UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null

When I tried resizing again it gave me error

Command: ssh 10.129.2.101 mkdir -p
/home/nova/instances/afd20a95-e1cd-44d3-b18c-dedc6b1c1fc5
Exit code: 255
Stdout: u''
Stderr: u"Warning: Permanently added '10.129.2.101' (ECDSA) to the list
of known hosts.\r\nPerm

I searched on net, everywhere it was suggested to use passwordless
authentication for nodes and the step included writing on the
authorized_keys file. I already have an entry in authorized_keys made by
puppet during the installation.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Priyanka