[Openstack] ram_allocation_ratio per compute node or per AZ

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:47:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your problem is that you still have the original ram filter configured, so
> its still removing all of the hosts. Try removing that and you should be OK.
> Note though that then any hosts not in an aggregate with a ram ratio set
> won't have a ram limit at all.

Or you could set the higher limit globally, and create an host
aggregate for the hosts that must have ram_allocation_ratio=1.0
instead

> You might also find the aggregate filter causes problems if you have a lot
> of hosts, as it does a dB look up for each host per VM request.

this is very bad indeed, I have experienced this already...

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
S3IT: Service and Support for Science IT   http://www.s3it.uzh.ch/