[Openstack] Instance can not ping each other

Mitchell Chen mitchell.chen at mediatek.com
Fri Feb 27 18:25:16 UTC 2015

After I change the user to be administrator, I can get my neutron agents to list as the following: But, I still can not ping other VM from a VM. What can be wrong? Thanks for the help.

root at mussdhux20:/home/stack/Openstack# neutron agent-list
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+------------+-------+----------------+
| id                                   | agent_type         | host       | alive | admin_state_up |
| 68eba267-b885-4aad-96a4-e8d19ac9db4a | L3 agent           | mussdhux20 | :-)   | True           |
| c0726b66-a1f4-4b00-9120-7bf0ee91a3d0 | DHCP agent         | mussdhux20 | :-)   | True           |
| d8808f97-90f8-424d-a786-45b4541af755 | Open vSwitch agent | mussdhux04 | :-)   | True           |
| e8d85451-3f6f-4b2a-94a1-6dd3e9a93cff | Metadata agent     | mussdhux20 | :-)   | True           |
| f4e51873-7e18-49a4-ab6b-94c24500e25f | Open vSwitch agent | mussdhux13 | :-)   | True           |
| f8cab47d-a0db-4de2-b457-23c4e87ccb32 | Open vSwitch agent | mussdhux10 | :-)   | True           |
| fd9ab1c9-ce62-4504-8d68-215584a70a17 | Open vSwitch agent | mussdhux20 | :-)   | True           |