[Openstack] Instance can not ping each other

Mitchell Chen mitchell.chen at mediatek.com
Fri Feb 27 07:49:10 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I followed the OpenStack icehouse installation guide to successfully install a five node system, one control node, one neutron and three compute nodes.  Inside of the instance, I can ping other instances' virtual IP address and outside internet fine. Recently, we decided to move all the nodes to a lab. So, I powered down the five nodes before the move and powered up them afterward. All the physical network connections were exactly the same as they were before the move. But, I can not even ping other instance after the five nodes up again.

I typed "route -n" inside of the instance, no any IP is shown. What's wrong? Please help how I can get the instance networking back.

Thanks,
Mitchell