[Openstack] Using DevStack for exploring energy efficient VM placement algorithms

Claudio Pupparo claudio.pupparo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:18:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

My master's thesis is about VM consolidation in OpenStack. I have done
an extension to OpenStack Neat
http://openstack-neat.org/

I have used a cluster for testing, but I think you can also use DevStack
in a multi node installation.

About temperature, I've found this in the Ceilometer documentation
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html#ironic-hardware-ipmi-sensor-data

Cheers,
Claudio