[Openstack] Integration with OpenDayLight

Janki Chhatbar jankihchhatbar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:23:58 UTC 2015

Hi ALL

I am trying to integrate OpenStack with OpenDayLight and am following this
wiki.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenStack_and_OpenDaylight

I have 3 node architecture set up of OpenStack (non-devstack). I can see
control and compute nodes in DLUX.

I have also configured neutron to use OpenDayLight.

After running this line on control node,
neutron-db-manage --config-file /usr/share/neutron/neutron-dist.conf
--config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf \
--config-file /etc/neutron/plugin.ini upgrade head

I was getting error that neutron-dist.conf file not found. So I cahnged the
above command to

neutron-db-manage --config-file /etc/neutron/neutron.conf \
--config-file /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini upgrade head

This line throws error that class ml2 not found.

I read somewhere that database need not be inintialised in non-devstack set
up, so I skipped that and moved further.

Now I am able to create network, sub-net, router and instances. But
instances are not getting attached to the network.

I suspect this is because the neutron database is not initialised.

What is the correct reason and how to achieve it?

Janki Chhatbar
M.Tech (Embedded Systems)
Nirma University
(+91) 9409239106