[Openstack] OpenStack "L" naming poll

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 12 14:47:57 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> The poll closes Tuesday, February 10th at 19:59 UTC (just before the TC
> IRC meeting where the results will be proclaimed).

I failed to follow up officially on the results.

This ended up being an extremely close call between Liberty and Lizard,
but in the end "Liberty" wins (with 740 people preferring it over
Lizard, against 734 people preferring Lizard over Liberty). I actually
had to feed the ballots to a proper Condorcet poll to get the final result:

http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_dc5ea66e94acc07a

So the development cycle starting in May 2015, after the Kilo cycle
completed, will be called "Liberty"! Thanks to all the 1474 voters who
took the time to register their personal preference.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)