[Openstack] Fn::FindInMap gives error in Heat HOT Template

Thomas Spatzier thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com
Wed Feb 11 08:18:01 UTC 2015

Hi Khayam,

the Fn::FindInMap is not supported in HOT as far as I can see in the code.

The list of functions supported in the HOT version you are using is defined
in this part of the code:
https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/hot/template.py#L274

The list for version 2013-05-23 can be found in the same file.
I think this should also be covered in docs that get generated from the
sources, but I do not have a link at hand right now.

Regards,
Thomas

> From: Khayam Gondal <khayam.gondal at gmail.com>
> To: "openstack at lists.openstack.org" <openstack at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 11/02/2015 07:03
> Subject: [Openstack] Fn::FindInMap gives error in Heat HOT Template
>
> In my HOT template heat_template_version: 2014-10-16 I have a
> autoscaling group as
> auto_scale_server:
>     type: OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup
>     properties:
>       min_size: 0
>       max_size: { "Fn::FindInMap" : [ "mirror_map", { "Ref" :
"Mirror" } ]}