[Openstack] Unable to create snapshots.

Lei Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 04:35:09 UTC 2015

hi guys,

I meet this issue today. I am testing on the ceph, too.

If stopped the instance, the snapshot is created successfully.
If there are at least two instances on the same compute node and make
snapshot on the running vm. It will successfully, too. Because the bridge
is not deleted due to another vm is using it.

The root cause should just like @Vijaya Bhaskar saied

>  The issue is that nova is trying to freeze the instance before
snapshot(I think), but unable to resume the instance due to missing bridge
, and the snapshot image is deleted automatically. However, the instances
can suspend, soft reboot and hard reboot successfully.

The fix i think should be check the bridge exist before resume the vm. If
not, call the neutron to create it again.

--
Lei Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me