[Openstack] higher MTU for all interfaces

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:12:41 UTC 2015

i dont know whether there is any openstack config file to change MTU
of integration and tunnel bridge.You can manually update in your os
network config file

i am using ubuntu servers so added this in /etc/network/interfaces
added br-tun.br-int and physical NIC with new MTU value

eg:
auto br-tun
iface br-tun inet static
address 0.0.0.0
MTU 8900

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet static
address 172.16.10.3
netmask 255.255.255.0
mtu 8900

for changing MTU of linux bridge i suppose its "qbr-"  add
network_device_mtu = 8900 in nova.conf on compute nodes.