[Openstack] higher MTU for all interfaces

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Sun Feb 8 20:38:38 UTC 2015

The DHCP option will only change the MTU of interfaces within the
instances. You probably don't want to lower the bridge ibtefaces sine the
point of lowering instance MTU is to account for GRE / VXLAN overhead going
into those bridge interfaces. If you lower everything, you'll still be left
with poor inter-instance communication and introduce some funky errors
accessing SSL sites from those instances to boot.

-Erik