[Openstack] [Nova] Where could I find images for LXC?

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 12:12:39 UTC 2015

not sure if this is the best way ...

# create a backing file
truncate --size 2GB precise-backing-file
losetup -f precise-backing-file
losetup -a
# find what /dev/loopX was used - eg /dev/loop1

mkfs /dev/loop1
mkdir mnt
mount /dev/loop1 mnt
cd mnt
# root tar from https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/
tar -xvf /vagrant/precise-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.gz
cd ../
umount /dev/loop1

glance image-create --name my-lxc-test --is-public True --disk-format raw --container-format bare --progress --file /tmp/precise-backing-file

Dmitry Guryanov dguryanov at parallels.com
Thu Feb 5 14:00:01 UTC 2015