[Openstack] Source Packages in Ubuntu Cloud Archive

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 6 09:01:21 UTC 2015

Hi Eren

On 06/02/15 10:32, Eren Türkay wrote:
> I've been trying to find how openstack packages in ubuntu are
> developed but I've failed to find a source repository. Is there a
> git repository from which I can checkout the packages and play with
> them? Ubuntu-kernel team maintains git repository for each ubuntu
> version. It's trivial to checkout the repository and begin building
> linux-image packages. Is it the same for cloud-archive repository?

The cloud-archive repository is actually just a backport of an
associated Ubuntu release, so the primary source is actually in
Ubuntu.  The source package branches are all owned by the
ubuntu-server-dev team - for example if you wanted to checkout the
Nova package for Juno, which was released alongside Ubuntu 14.10:

    bzr branch lp:~ubuntu-server-dev/nova/juno nova-juno

or for kilo:

    bzr branch lp:~ubuntu-server-dev/nova/kilo nova-kilo

you can then build a source package by using:

    bzr bd -S

(that's part of the bzr-builddeb plugin).

These branches are where the Ubuntu Server team drives all of its
packaging efforts from including our branch package builds - so you
may find some unreleased changes from time-to-time.

Hopefully that gives you a good pointer - there are more details at
[0] - if you have a change that is useful, please just proposed your
changes back against those branches:

    bzr push lp:~mylpid/nova/my-great-update
    bzr lp-propose

This will generate a merge proposal on launchpad that my team will review.

Cheers

James

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/OpenStack

- --