[Openstack] 503 Internal Server Error when checking swift stat

Jake Kugel jkugel at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 4 16:04:43 UTC 2015

Hi Geo,

A couple of things, here is a wiki page with troubleshooting tips that
does mention 503 errors:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TroubleshootingSwift

Also, by default Swift services will log to the rsyslog facility meaning
log messages will go to usually either /var/log/syslog or
/var/log/messages depending on your OS distribution.  You can enable
debug-level logging by setting this property in the [DEFAULT] section of
the *.conf files in /etc/swift and restarting Swift services:

log_level = DEBUG

Hope that helps,
Jake Kugel