[Openstack] [Nova][virt-driver-numa-placement]How to enbale instance with numa ?

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Wed Feb 4 01:03:18 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply.

For issue 1:
    I do mount the hugetlbfs filesystem.
    But forget the configure /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf.  The default value do not work.  :(
    Sorry for that.

For issue 2:
    I'm using the default qemu from my OS.
        qemu-system-x86_64 -version
            QEMU emulator version 2.1.0 (Debian 2.1+dfsg-4ubuntu6.4), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

From https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L341-L381
The highest qemu version requested is 2.0.0 (https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L374)
So, I think my qemu version should work.

While in the help message:
    qemu-system-x86_64 -h |grep numa
        -numa node[,mem=size][,cpus=cpu[-cpu]][,nodeid=node]
        -numa node[,memdev=id][,cpus=cpu[-cpu]][,nodeid=node]

Looks like it do support numa, but the command line is a little different.
Because in compute.log, the command is :
    qemu-system-x86_64: -object memory-backend-file,prealloc=yes,mem-path=/dev/hugepages/libvirt/qemu,size=4096M,id=ram-node0,host-nodes=0,policy=bind

I don't know how to solve this. :(
Hope can get more help.

Thanks.
-chen