[Openstack] Hands On Demo: Cumulus VX "Rack On a Laptop"

Andrius Benokraitis andrius at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Dec 29 18:21:52 UTC 2015

Greetings all,

We at Cumulus Networks released the following community-based OpenStack demo:

https://support.cumulusnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/215832697 <https://support.cumulusnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/215832697>

It provides two Cumulus VX virtual instances (two leaf nodes) and two RDO nodes in a single easy to download OVA file for VirtualBox.

It can easily be adapted for other uses (say, a network virtualization SDN overlay) but it’s pretty bare bones currently.

The documentation provides step-by-step instructions for two labs:
- the first creates a single tenant with a single network
- the second creates a single tenant with two networks

Hope this is helpful in learning how networking fits into OpenStack, and we’re excited for community feedback:

https://community.cumulusnetworks.com/cumulus/topics/demo-openstack-cumulus-vx-rack-on-a-laptop

Regards,

Andrius Benokraitis
ISV Partner Alliance Manager