[Openstack] Openstack Kilo, problems with SCTP and neutron DVR...

Daniel.Balsiger at swisscom.com Daniel.Balsiger at swisscom.com
Wed Dec 9 10:57:06 UTC 2015

Hello everybody.

I am not sure if it is the right place to ask this question, please direct me to the right list in case it is not.

I am running OpenStack Kilo on top of Ubuntu 14.04 with neutron DVR (openvswitch agents, l2population, vxlan overlay)

When assigning a public floating IP to a VM and connect from outside by SCTP I cannot see any SCTP packet arriving in the VM. (I can see it on the corresponding compute node br-ex interface though)

Security Groups are set up to allow incoming IP protocol 132 from everywhere.

SCTP connections are working fine from VM to VM as well (tested with sctp_darn)

Is anybody facing the same problem ? Any hints to find out where those packets are dropped/lost ?

I already checked the qrouter-* and fip-* namespaces on the corresponding  compute node. Did not see anything blocking/dropping those packets in the iptables setup there.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best, Daniel