[Openstack] Slow Horizon on Icehouse.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Aug 31 22:49:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-31 17:14, George Mihaiescu wrote:
> Is it just dashboard that's slow?
> How about "nova list" or "neutron port-list" from your dashboard node,
> as well as from outside your environment?
>
> Depending on how you have your endpoints configured in keystone (ip or
> name) and how dns resolution is set in your environment, there might
> be delays in the api calls...

Thanks for the sanity check, George.  You know -- I've gotten so used to
thinking in terms of performance and GRE tunnels and other abstractions
that sometimes I just forget to look at the physical layer... where,
yes, the dashboard node was dropping ~20% of its packets.  Bad port or
cable (haven't checked which, yet).

Wups.

Don't understand why I didn't see massive retransmits in the pcap, but I
guess I'm not going to worry myself with that too much.

Thanks, all,

-Ken