[Openstack] Rabbit HA queues

Ajay Kalambur (akalambu) akalambu at cisco.com
Thu Aug 20 02:23:48 UTC 2015

Hi
How is the rabbit_ha_queues parameter used in configuration files like nova.conf, neutron.conf, cinder.conf etc

What happens if on the rabbit node the ha queue is set to mirrored but the ha queues is set to False on client side
[root at j10-controller-1 /]# rabbitmqctl list_policies
Listing policies ...
/ ha-all all {"ha-mode":"all","ha-sync-mode":"automatic"} 0
...done.
[root at j10-controller-1 /]

I have rabbit_ha_queues=False set on nova and neutron.conf and from what I can see the queues seem to be mirrored. So why is this needed in nova.conf, neutron.conf etc

This is Juno release

Ajay