[Openstack] sysctl fails

FASEELA.ASHRAF faseela277 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:45:46 UTC 2015

Hi ,
I am trying to install a 3 node architecture of Openstack icehouse version
on my Ubuntu 14.04LTS . I would like to know if it is necessary to add the
following lines to sysctl.conf in network node.

net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables=1
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=1
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables=1

When running the command sysctl -p following errors are shown :
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-arptables: No
such file or directory
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables: No
such file or directory
sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-ip6tables: No
such file or directory

Am I missing some package in my system?