[Openstack] Ceilometer Plugin Development

Geoffrey Tran gtran at isi.edu
Tue Aug 11 07:22:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am looking to develop some plugins for ceilometer and was hoping
to please get some assistance with this.  Currently, I have a
single node installation with the Identity, Image, Compute, Neutron,
dashboard, and Telemetry services installed, following the guide at
http://docs.openstack.org/juno/install-guide/install/apt/content/

I tried adding a test plugin at /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/
ceilometer/compute/pollsters, in a file test.py.  It is based off
of the CPU meter, to get started. The class is called TestPollster()
and sends a sample with the name testSample.

I am wondering how to please get this plugin running.  Also, is there
a guide available on the workflow to get plugins setup? For instance,
I am not sure if additions need to be added to the collector module.

My main goal now is to collect the samples and read a meter containing
the collected data.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Geoffrey