[Openstack] what are commands to make sure openstack is ready and able to use its services just after installation

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Aug 7 03:53:29 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Jagdish Choudhary <jagdish1287 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've very basic question. How to we confirm after openstack installation
> that things are fine . I mean what are commands and what commands are
> mandatory to run just after installation.
> Thanks

Hi Jagdish,

In the Install Guides we purposefully have you run verification commands
after each installation step. You could run these after completing the
installation:

http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/keystone-verify.html
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/glance-verify.html
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ch_nova.html#nova-verify

You can look in the remaining chapters for "Verify operations" depending on
what additional services you've installed.

If you use DevStack, it includes tests in scripts that you can inspect for
yourself:

https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/tree/master/exercises

Hope that helps.
Anne