[Openstack] configure SSL on glance, nova and neutron API

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 22:33:29 UTC 2015

YANG LI wrote:
> Is there a documentation on how to configure SSL on glance, nova and neutron API? we did get keystone done ,but had hard time to find document on how to do this on other services.

No documentation that I know of. There are some places that list the
configuration values but nothing that ties any of the services together.
I've got some musings on converting various services to SSL at
http://blog-rcritten.rhcloud.com/?cat=2

You probably don't want to do native eventlet SSL in production.
Terminating SSL using haproxy or stud or some other SSL-aware handler is
probably your best bet.

I have SSL using stud basically working in devstack, just stuck on the
final review before I can start working on making SSL a requirement of
the gate: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187346/ . Well, last patch
assuming that Ian Wienand's iniset patchset is also accepted:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/204383/

rob