[Openstack] "Deadlock found" and "DuplicateEntry" errors when trying to attach a neutron L3 HA router to an internal network.

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:23:32 UTC 2015

That "Duplicate entry" error is really strange considering it's just an SQL
update statement and it isn't trying to change the primary key (or anything
with unique constraints for that matter).

Does it happen if you wait for the DHCP port status to change to ACTIVE on
each network before you try to attach the router interface to it?

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 3:59 AM, Antonio Messina <antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having issues with Neutron on Kilo 2015.1.0. Quite often (but not
> all the times) when I create a tenant network, attach it to a router
> which is attached to an external network I get "Deadlock found" and
> "DuplicateEntry" error on neutron servers, and the dhcp and router
> ports of both networks goes in BUILD state. As a consequence, the VM
> interface is not working.
>
> I have described in more details the issue on this bug report:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1479818 but since it's a
> blocking issue for us I'm asking the list if someone else had similar
> issues and has at least a workaround.
>
> thank you
> Antonio
>
> --