[Openstack] [nova] Cleaning up unused images in the cache

Leslie-Alexandre DENIS contact at ladenis.fr
Wed Apr 29 13:11:41 UTC 2015

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your kind reply, your informations are helpful. I'm reading
the imagecache.py[1] sourcecode in order to really understand what it'll
happen in case of a shared filesystem.

I understand the SHA1 hash mechanism and the backing file check but I'm
not sure how it will manage the case of shared FS.

The main function seems to be :
- backing_file = libvirt_utils.get_disk_backing_file(disk_path)

But does libvirt_utils.get_disk_backing_file federates all the compute
nodes informations ?! If no it may delete the other nodes images ?

Hope it's not too redundant,
Kind regards

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/imagecache.py