[Openstack] config drive on opentack label query

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 27 21:31:33 UTC 2015

The name "config-2" (always lowercase) is hard coded in
nova/virt/configdrive.py. It would change if we came up with a new
format for the config drive, which I think is unlikely at this point
in time. A conversion to uppercase is presumably a VFAT thing, and
outside the control of nova.

So, if you make your volume name check case insensitive, you should be ok.

Michael

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Bhaskar Rao <bhaskar.rao at citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>

> When we try to boot our VM we mount the label config-2 and access its
> contents,
>
> But it is seen that in some customer deployments, the label has different
> name (ex: CONFIG-2), hence our code breaks.
>
> We want to make sure, if  it is always config-2 ?? on what basis it can
> change ?? or is it set at some location in Openstack config files ??
>

> Thanks
>
> Bhaskar

Rackspace Australia