[Openstack] POSSIBILITY OF ADDING AN ALREADY EXISITNG VIRTUALISED INFRASTRUCTURE AS A COMPUTE NODE

Chamambo Martin chamambom at afri-com.net
Tue Apr 21 19:40:37 UTC 2015

In my datacenter I run 2 KVM HYPERVISORS on 2 blade servers each with a maximum density of 15 VMs [all things being equal]. Here are my questions

1 ) KVM HOST 1 AND 2 ALREADY HAVE VMs running and I have configured a single Webvirtmgr + Nginx host to manage the storage and VMs via web interface ------------------- I have deployed openstack on another blade server and since I am planning on going deep with openstack , I was thinking of the possibility of adding more compute nodes especially the already existing one say KVM host 2

2) is it possible to add KVM host 2 without disrupting the already existing VMs  ??? more like add it as a compute node to my openstack and continue to manage the already existing VMs via the Webvirtmgr setup and possible manage the new VMs that I add via openstack via openstack