[Openstack] change mongodb data path error

Priyanka Naik ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Tue Apr 21 09:23:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

I observed that the ceilometer stats that are store in /var/lib/mongodb
are filling up the root partition. I tried to change the data path in
/etc/mongodb.conf to a folder in /home i.e. /home/mongodb. I changed the
owner of this folder to mongodb. But when I start the mongod service it
gives me error.

I even tried using soft link from /var/lib/mongodb to /home/mongodb but
still it did not work. I has stopped the ceilometer services before
making these changes.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Priyanka