[Openstack] Bulk operations support plan

Ivan Krutov vania-pooh at yandex-team.ru
Wed Apr 15 19:57:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’m using Openstack almost every day and my activities frequently require doing bulk operations, e.g. launching dozens and hundreds of VMs, terminating and restarting them, creating snapshots and so on. Some of such operations (e.g. bulk terminate) can already be done from Openstack dashboard. However most operations that I need are not accessible in bulk mode. My question would be: do recent versions of Openstack API support in any form bulk operations described above? Do you have any plans for the nearest future to improve bulk operations support in respective APIs, in the command line tools such as nova or glance or in the Horizon dashboard?

Best regards,
Ivan.