[Openstack] Keystone with memcache

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:04:29 UTC 2015

On Monday, April 13, 2015, Ray Sun <xiaoquqi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stackers,
> I have found there are two parts can set memcache in keystone.conf of Juno
> release. I am not quite sure if they are duplicated or any difference?
>
> Thanks.
>
> [token]
> driver = keystone.token.backends.memcache.Token
> caching = True

The token settings in "driver" are meant for storing the actual tokens.
This is a persistence backend (similar to SQL).

> [cache]
> enabled = True
> backend = dogpile.cache.memcached
> backend_argument = url:localhost:11211

The [cache] section is specifying the information that is used to cache
data from all over keystone (users, groups, domains, assignments, etc).
Depending in the version of keystone different parts of keystone have
caching capabilities. The documentation for the given release should
indicate if a given system (e.g. Identity) has caching capabilities.