[Openstack] [Fuel] Question about recognizing large drives (i.e. 2TB+)

Miroslav Anashkin manashkin at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 13 19:24:49 UTC 2015

Greetings, Adam,

Issues possible with partitions larger than 16 TB, since we use 32-bit Ext4
file system in several places.

Fuel partition manager formats disk drives to GPT partitioning scheme only
and explicitly set drive geometry to 1 TB for disks equal or larger than
1Tb.
It allows to use GRUB 0.97 with CentOS 6.x over the large disks.

Kind regards,
Miroslav Anashkin

--

*Kind Regards*

*Miroslav Anashkin**L2 support engineer**,*
*Mirantis Inc.*
*+7(495)640-4944 (office receptionist)*
*+1(650)587-5200 (office receptionist, call from US)*
*35b, Bld. 3, Vorontsovskaya St.*
*Moscow**, Russia, 109147.*

www.mirantis.com

manashkin at mirantis.com