[Openstack] Cinder delete errors after massive network failure

Greg Chavez greg.chavez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:58:23 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Having trouble deleting ceph volumes. They immediately go into an
error_deleting state. In cinder-volume.log, there are repeating error that
are exactly the same and slightly different errors when and delete action
is made. There are no errors in cinder-api.log.

Those errors along with our cinder.conf are here:
http://pastebin.com/dbBXtdCJ

Some background:

We had a network failure about 4 weeks ago that screwed up our Grizzly
OpenStack/Ceph installation something terrible. Eventually we had to move
everything to a new set of switches. The controller node has been up for 24
days, about two weeks before we moved to the new switches.

We've been able to get Ceph up and running and get some VMs back, but we've
decided to cut our losses and start migrating to our VSphere installation.
We'll re-factor our hardware to a newer OpenStack install later, but now we
are in the midst of a slow drawdown of Grizzly.

Any idea what could be going on here? Thanks.

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez