[Openstack] Ceilometer unable to meter LBaaS

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 10:50:42 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to meter LBaaS using Ceilometer.
>
> I have installed LBaaS agent on a single node Icehouse and
> I am able to administer LBaaS via Horizon. I have followed the steps
> mentioned in
> http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/install_neutron-lbaas-agent.html
>
> I have created a Load Balancer and a pool of 2 VMs under the Load Balancer.
>
> I am currently not able to get any LBaaS related readings on Ceilometer.
>
> My need is to get the LBaaS measurements mentioned in the URL
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html
>
> I came across the URL
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/lbaas-ceilometer-integration
> which says that Ceilometer will only be able to measure LBaaS in the Juno
> release.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is a way to get Ceilometer to meter LBaaS.in
> IceHouse.

Well that feature was only added in the Juno timeframe.

Being a feature (as opposed to a big-fix) it would not be backported
to stable/icehouse branch, as per standard backporting policy in the
OpenStack community.

So you will need to move to Juno to take advantage of the new feature.

Cheers,
Eoghan