[Openstack] Neutron Network Paths

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Sep 22 17:04:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Mengert, Robert <Robert.Mengert at charter.com
> wrote:

> I believe there is an error in figure 12.2 on the Operations Guide
> <http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html#neutron_network_traffic_in_cloud>,
> looking to confirm.  The install guide frequently references eth2 as the
> internet facing interface off of neutron yet, the figure has eth0.  It
> seems like eth0 and eth2 may just be reversed on the diagram.  Can anyone
> confirm if that’s the case?

Hi Robert,

The install guide architecture is specifically different from the two
architectures in the Operations Guide. I've opened a doc bug [1] just to be
sure we're accurate, and yes, we are accurate in the text and image in the
Ops Guide.

Hope that explanation helps -
Anne

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1372516