[Openstack] [swift] How to encrypt account/container/object data that travels through storage nodes?

Gui Maluf guimalufb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:39:53 UTC 2014

The problem is, how would I configure swift to replicate through ssh? There
is no wrapper to rsync.

I though ssh as solution but isn't too much elegant since I've to maintain
a copy of the same privkey among the whole cluster.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Yogesh Girikumar <yogeshg1987 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The objects are replicated using rsync. You can use rsync via SSH tunnels.
>
> rsync -az /file/path user at host:/dest/path
>
> Does that answer your question?
> --
>
> On 17 September 2014 18:16, Gui Maluf <guimalufb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've a globally distributed swift infrastructure with many nodes in
>> different zones across the my whole country. In order to replicate a/c/o,
>> data travels through Internet so replicas goes to it place.
>>
>> Replicas are copied between storage nodes and swift presume all storage
>> nodes are running in a secure network. Taking any scenario of a Globally
>> Distributed OpenStack Swift Cluster
>> <https://swiftstack.com/blog/2012/09/16/globally-distributed-openstack-swift-cluster/>,
>> how could nodes replicates through Regions, or even between zones, using
>> VPN, SSL or any secure/encrypted way?
>>
>> Anyway I need help to figure out one good method to secure replicated
>> data between storage nodes.
>>
>> thanks
>> --
>> *guilherme* \n