[Openstack] [Devstack][Neutron][Neutron N1KV Plugin] How to enable in local.conf?

Pritesh Kothari (pritkoth) pritkoth at cisco.com
Wed Sep 17 17:27:16 UTC 2014

On Sep 17, 2014, at 10:10 AM, foss geek <thefossgeek at gmail.com<mailto:thefossgeek at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Pritesh,

Thanks for your time.

I have installed Nexus 1000v (Virtual Switch) software in VMWare.

I am able to ssh from Devstack box to VSM box using admin@<ip_address> with password 'admin'

Can you help me to understand the below variables?

sure.

Q_PLUGIN=cisco
Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_DEVSTACK_VSM=False
Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_VSM_IP=10.36.39.13

put your vsm box ip here, basically says where your VSM is located.

Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_VSM_USERNAME=admin
Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_VSM_PASSWORD=Sfish123

your password should be ‘admin’ as you mentioned above instead of Sfish123.

Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_UVEM_DEB_IMAGE=/var/lib/jenkins/prod/nexus_1000v_vem-12.04-5.2.1.SK1.2.1.29.S0-1.deb

do you have the vem deb image locally on the devstack box, if not, then you need to copy it there and set the above link appropriately.

Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_INTEGRATION_BRIDGE=br-int
Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_HOST_MGMT_INTF=eth0

what about the below configuration mentioned in https://blueprints.launchpad.net/devstack/+spec/cisco-plugin-support?

most of them are taken care of as mentioned in reviews on that page.

Q_PLUGIN=cisco

declare -a Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_SUBPLUGINS=(n1kv)

this currently needs to be done manually but should be taken care of when https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121623/ gets into devstack.

Regards,
Pritesh