[Openstack] able to ping but not able to ssh to instance

Sajith Kariyawasam sajhak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:00:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

Could be due to,
    ssh server is not up and running in your instance,
    or running in a different port rather than port 22,
    or, ssh port access is restricted in openstack key pair configuration

You could also try telnet to check the connectivity,
$ telnet <ip> 22

Thanks,
Sajith

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Zoltán Lajos Kis <
zoltan.lajos.kis at ericsson.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> What’s the output of running ssh with the verbose (-v) flag?
>

> BR,
>
> Zoltan

Best Regards
Sajith