[Openstack] [openstack-dev]Unable to get IP for VM on vmware esx5.5, openstack icehouse, nova-network

Sirisha Devineni Sirisha_Devineni at persistent.co.in
Tue Sep 16 09:45:26 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have ESX5.5 host and I want to manage the ESX host using openstack(icehouse).

I have configured nova-network service to provide networking for the VMs, used vmwareESXDriver as compute driver.

All the required brdiges br169, vlan169, portgroup on ESX host with name br169 are gettign created but VM is unable to get IP address.

Main configuration options from my nova.conf are as follows:

[DEFAULT]

dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf

dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge

bridge_interface=eth0

force_dhcp_release=True

dhcp_lease_time=604800

fixed_ip_disassociate_timeout=1209600

public_interface=vlan159

connection_type=vmware

compute_driver=vmwareapi.VMwareESXDriver

network_manager=nova.network.manager.VlanManager

network_size=256

fixed_range=172.16.0.0/12

auto_assign_floating_ip=True

[vmware]

host_ip=10.233.52.201

host_username=root

host_password=******

wsdl_location=http://10.233.52.212:8081/vmware/SDK//vsphere-ws/wsdl/vim25/vimService.wsdl

vlan_interface=vmnic0

vif_driver=nova.virt.vmwareapi.vif.VMWareVlanBridgeDriver

Please find attached nova.conf for all configuration options.

Could anyone please suggest where am going wrong.

I don't want to use neutron, VCenter driver.
Thanks & regards,
Sirisha Devineni

DISCLAIMER