[Openstack] nova services at compute node do not start automatically

Thanassis Parathyras aparathyras at stackmasters.eu
Tue Sep 16 08:04:14 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing more details. It looks like you are performing a
manual install on ubuntu 14.04 using canonical cloud repos.
That's fine, i think the issue you are experiencing has something to do
with upstart (the new init daemon) and the order OpenStack (nova in
particular) services are started.
To be honest, i have not used this one yet and can't help you more on this.
May be someone else in the list can provide more useful pointers.

Best,
Thanassis