[Openstack] instance not accessible from host compute node

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:56:37 UTC 2014

On 09/15/2014 07:04 AM, Srinivasreddy R wrote:
> hi,
> i have launched two instances using icehouse istall guide for 3 node setup .
> both instances are accessible  to each other .
> but not able to access from host compute node ..
> how can i proceed further ..
> i have attached ifconfig of my compute host and my instance ip s are
> 192.168.1.12, 192.168.1.14

Please pastebin your iptables output. I suspect the above is actually
the correct and desired behaviour. IIRC, by default, you are not be able
to connect to a VM's private IPs from the compute node itself due to
security group rules manifested as iptables rules on the compute node,
but you *can* from the network node (i.e. the node that is running the
neutron L3 agent) via the network namespace associated with the instance.

Best,
-jay