[Openstack] [Neutron] Multiple allocation pools in a single subnet for floating ips

Sam Stoelinga sammiestoel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 03:37:07 UTC 2014

TLDR I fixed it by manually changing database, not sure about consequences
yet, but it's working.

I first went ahead to check the neutron source code and noticed that the
datamodel actually supports multiple allocation pools. Just the apis don't
support it?

So by manually changing the database I could get my desired result multiple
allocation pools in a single subnet.
The following mysql statements were executed:
use neutron;
insert into ipallocationpools VALUES (UUID(),
"c58d4e69-d614-4d05-91e5-95b5cc48b670", "192.168.1.15", "192.168.1.15");