[Openstack] error about Block Storage service node

yanghq yanghq at neusoft.com
Thu Sep 11 09:24:33 UTC 2014

According to
http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt/content/cinder-node.html,
I configure a Block Storage service node.

But I try to create a volume, I get error like this:

2014-09-07 11:37:31.020 33190 ERROR cinder.scheduler.flows.create_volume
[req-87712243-8548-485a-8b48-30455e05dd4a
e4936e1ce4bf4a5db7850ef606513f88 fc8cc603cbb74c87999bc9cf8e24eb06 - - -]
Failed to schedule_create_volume: No valid host was found.

In this page
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/cinder-node.html

there are discussions about it, but no solutions.

thanks for any help.

On 2014?08?25? 19:49, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> javed alam <javedamar at gmail.com> wrote on 08/23/2014 02:39:38 PM:
>
>> From: javed alam <javedamar at gmail.com>
>> To: openstack <openstack at lists.openstack.org>, Masoom Alam
>> <masoom.alam at gmail.com>
>> Date: 08/23/2014 02:49 PM
>> Subject: [Openstack] Fwd: nova instance

>> "Error: Failed to launch instance "nova_testing": Please try again
>> later [Error: No valid host was found. ]. "
>> i m even unable to find the log files.
>
> Hi Javed,
>
> the error "no valid host found" is thrown by the `nova-scheduler`
> service (see [1] for details).
>
> Depending on your testing environment you have to check different things:
>
> 1) An "All-In-One" DevStack[2] setup:
>     * check your `local.conf` file in your devstack folder. There should
>       be the following lines:
>          DEST=/opt/stack
>          LOGFILE=$DEST/logs/stack.sh.log
>          VERBOSE=True
>          SCREEN_LOGDIR=$DEST/logs/screen
>     * The log of the scheduler is then available at:
>       /opt/stack/logs/screen/screen-n-sch-log
>     * The scheduler log should contain more information about the cause
> Afaik the changes will be applied when the services are restarted. You
> can either execute the DevStack scripts `unstack.sh` and `stack.sh` or
> use the screen tool (see [4]).
>
> 2) A dedicated controller node:
> The default folder for nova logs is `/var/log/nova`. The scheduler log
> should be there. Maybe you have to turn on debugging in the file
> `/etc/nova/nova.conf` in the line `debug=true` and `verbose=true`.
>
> More infos about working with logs can be found at [3].
>
> Sources:
> [1] OpenStack configuration reference; Juno Release (draft);
>      Section "Scheduling"
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/section_compute-scheduler.html
>
> [2] DevStack; http://devstack.org/guides/single-machine.html
> [3] OpenStack Cloud Administrator Guide; Section "Manage Logs";
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_manage-logs.html
> [4] IBM Developer Works; 2013-12-06; Restart services of devstack based
>      openstack;
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/8160eff1-dedf-408e-9395-9dffeb68749f/entry/working_with_screens_to_restart_service_of_devstack_based_openstack?lang=en

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.